Sunday, April 22, 2012

what I have been up to

I finished quilting the Baby Quilt. I still have to hand sew down the binding.
After that is done I show a picture. So you still have to give me a day or two.

Than I tried my hand on embroidering (took a class at the Quilt-university)


I finished a Dragonfly. But what to do with the Dragonfly?

Since I needed a B-day Gift I turned it in to a Post card.

 
Also made this little cosmetic bag with inside pockets.



The receiver of the B-day Gift enjoyed her gifts, so i was a happy Camper.

Today I decided to work on my Blocks from the underground rail road sampler.
Tessa a member from the popular patchwork forum started this one in 2010.
I think. Every month she posted a name of one block with the story to it.
We had to get a pattern for that block and sew it up for our self.
It was much fun.
But like so many things with me they end up in a box on the UFO shelf.
Well today this box came down and I started to work on it. yeahh.
here is a picture from the blocks on my design wall. My sewing room is
real small, so I could not get a good picture. But I hope you see enough to get a glance at the blocks.


and thats how far I got today. 




you all have a great Sunday.

hugs Kerstin

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dragonfly !! and that you make a birthday card of it.... great. Also the blocks of the the rail road sampler er great and so you get less UFO's (lol) Hugs Tiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy girl!Love the dragonfly and the underground rr quilt too. I have always wanted to make one of these, I have the Eleanor Burns book, just haven't gotten it done. I guess it's in the 10 year plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dragonfly and it looks super on the postcard. I've been doing the Underground RR with Tessa, but I've not got as far as you. Mine are 6" blocks. Your blocks look great. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your underground railroad looks brilliant, Kerstin. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!!